5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tree sap removal (not heavy)

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dumb sheet here parked under a deciduous tree for a few days in order to not overheat the interior prior to getting the ceramic tint done all around. Fast forward to discovering lots of very small clear drops of sap over every panel and all glass. (face palm)
What to do?

YT had a few hundred recommendations, mostly different exterior detail sprays and then wipe off. Some said to foam cannon the whole thing with a diluted vinegar or other home remedies. A couple channels (Chris Fix was one) tested a bunch of different products.

I ended up using Windex brand foaming spray cleaner (after a pre-wash) when not out in strong sun. Spray on, wait 10 -15 seconds and wipe off with soft rags (microfiber). Go panel by panel and break up big areas into thirds or fourths.
A few more stubborn spots required retreatment however 1 large can later (appx 20 oz), and 7 rags, it was done, top, sides, glass.

Worked well, the finish is smooth again and I don't believe it affected the ceramic wax that had been applied a few months ago.
YMMV if its pine sap, mine was not.

Users who are viewing this thread