5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tread Lightly Ram Offer Questions

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
So I have seen some of you post on this. How exactly does this work? I see that you have to join 30 days before your vehicle comes in.
So if you have already ordered, this is still something that you can get as long as it will take over 30 days for it to get to you?
Does any Dodge dealership take this, or do I need to reach out to the dealership?
Is it just a 1% off or does it drop the price from MSRP down to the 1% under invoice?

Thanks

Rammmer

Reaction score
Bump. Would like to know this as well. I signed up for PenFed recently and was wondering if I should do tread lightly as well since I don't know what will be available when my truck comes in.

I've seen people here say they don't stack.

JoshS

Reaction score
1% under invoice. You need to show the dealer your membership letter showing that has a date more than 30 days prior to taking delivery of the truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
1% under invoice. You need to show the dealer your membership letter showing that has a date more than 30 days prior to taking delivery of the truck.
I already got well under 1%, they gave me an additional $500 off.

The 1% under invoice is only if you buy from a crappy overpriced dealership to start with.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Dealerships around me didn’t want to go below MSRP, i got like 2% off MSRP, but the 1% under invoice would likely be like 4-5% off

monkin

Reaction score
Can you get the rebates and the tread lightly discount?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dealerships around me didn’t want to go below MSRP, i got like 2% off MSRP, but the 1% under invoice would likely be like 4-5% off
Invoice is around 9-10% under MSRP.
It's right on your quote page, unless you just got something off the lot.

For my Limited my MRSP was 79.5k but I got it for 67.2k (before incentives of any kind)

Invoice price was 71k so 1% under would be 70.2k, $9.3k under MRSP
Since I was already under 1% below invoice Tread lightly they gave me an additional $500 off.

Dealerships are privately owned and operated and can do anything they want such as refuse to give you discounts or even accept the FCA affiliate discounts. If a dealership doesn't play ball, take your ball and go to another dealership that isn't going to screw you over in the future.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
so my Dealer said they do accept it!! So I will get that done totday for joining Tread Lightly, also was told we hit D1 status.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
When I went to nadaguides, it's saying it's a 74k build and like 69k invoice. Still better than nothing.
When I build it out online, it's showing 73k, and when we put in the order it was 72.6k i think, and we got it down to 71k for what I was going to pay.
So will be thrilled to still be able to just get it down to 68k before any other rebates and incentives. I am trading in a non Ram, so that should be at least another 500 off.
Appreciate all your input!

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I went to nadaguides, it's saying it's a 74k build and like 69k invoice. Still better than nothing.
When I build it out online, it's showing 73k, and when we put in the order it was 72.6k i think, and we got it down to 71k for what I was going to pay.
So will be thrilled to still be able to just get it down to 68k before any other rebates and incentives. I am trading in a non Ram, so that should be at least another 500 off.
Appreciate all your input!
Did you order yet? If not hold on a sec. Better deals out there

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
He said he's in D1 status so it looks like he did. Though some here have canceled orders and eaten the deposit.
Yea, I didn't cancel it. Had I known then, what I know now, I would have gotten it at MD. However, being able to get the Tread Lightly discount will knock it down a lot more, I am fine with that. The salesman has been nice and very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread