5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel Trailer Tire Recommendations?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wife and I have been looking at travel trailers, and to my eye it looks like most of them come with the cheapest junk tires the maker could find. So if I have to upgrade, what am I looking for? Stiffest sidewalls possible for reasonable money, or are there more nuances? For example, I was wondering if there's any benefit to something like putting stiff tires on the rear axle and different, softer ones on the front, theory being to move the effective moment of inertia pivot point a little further back on the trailer for better stability. Or is that wrong thinking or not enough gained to be worth the trouble? Is there a thing like "following" tires vs. "braking" tires? What other factors need consideration? Any specific styles or brands you really like? I know, I have lots of questions, I've been told my mind is a very fertile place (those may not have been the exact words). ;) Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Users who are viewing this thread