5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission

jeremymartin

Reaction score
I just bought my new Big Horn 5.7L 8 speed and it only has 500 miles on her and i just started noticing a slight rough shift in 1-2 gear, other shifts are smooth. only when im accelerating from a stop do i notice a slight bump. Does anyone else have this issue and if so, did you get it fixed?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I just bought my new Big Horn 5.7L 8 speed and it only has 500 miles on her and i just started noticing a slight rough shift in 1-2 gear, other shifts are smooth. only when im accelerating from a stop do i notice a slight bump. Does anyone else have this issue and if so, did you get it fixed?
need more info
what year
does it have etorque

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you sure it’s a rough shift that you’re feeling? Or is it a driveshaft clunk?
There are some known issues with a clunk at the slip yoke on the prop shaft. The fix is to grease the splines.

1662223807795.jpeg

jeremymartin

Reaction score
need more info
what year
does it have etorque
2022. just the hemi, no etorque
Are you sure it’s a rough shift that you’re feeling? Or is it a driveshaft clunk?
There are some known issues with a clunk at the slip yoke on the prop shaft. The fix is to grease the splines.

View attachment 138385
it possibly could be because it happens while i’m accelerating from a stop. Should i take it to the dealership to get the problem resolved?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I would take it in if for no other reason to be documented .

Snekpete

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of us new RAM owners have been caught off guard by some of the RAM's programmable features. Try turning off Hill Start Assist and see if your problem goes away.

From the touch screen select Safety and Driver Assistance->Hill Start Assist (uncheck).

jeremymartin

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I would take it in if for no other reason to be documented .
UPDATE: took her in to the dealership and of course they couldn’t duplicate the problem and i also noticed grinding coming from the rear which sounds like the driveshaft issue and i addressed that with them and they said “ it’s a new truck, it’s normal” so i’ve gotten nowhere with this.

Dodgeramfan

Reaction score
To the extent you can, try to video the issue. I had a shifting issue on a Silverado (jump, bucking when accelerating below 10mph....like approaching a red light that turns green...and sometimes a slight clunking sound). I mounted my cell phone on the dash and recorded the issue. I re-created the issue multiple times and, thankfully, it was significant enough for the video to pick up the jumping/bucking and the sound. Proved vital in a lemon law case I won because the dealer said it was normal. The video proved otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread