5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission Shift Points

GRAM1500

Reaction score
About a month ago I noticed that my 2019 RAM 1500 (HEMI - 51,000 miles) started shifting at very high RPM's (almost like its stuck in tow mode) and that my gas mileage went down 3mpg, it also downshifts very hard when slowing down for a light or stop sign. First trip to the dealer they did a software updated pulled out and went right back and they had a Mechanic/Tech take a ride with me. He said the shift points and high RPM's so we made a second appointment. After the dealer having the truck all day, all they could do is tell me they know there is a problem and they opened a "case" with Chrysler. It has been two weeks and all the dealer can tell me now is that Chrysler has not provided them any information. Not only are the shift points aggravating since it sounds like I am accelerating quickly when I am not but it is costing me about $25 a week more in fuel. Any one else have this issue?

Last edited:

QuasarZ

Reaction score
Any resolution? Mine acts a little funny. Sometimes Coming to a stop or accelerating from a stop it shifts hard or it’s slipping. Not really sure how to describe it. Kind of like I’m pulling a trailer and the trailer slides forward or back on the ball. Little jerky.

rebellion55

Reaction score
Same thing here. It is extremely annoying. It's typically only when shifting from 1st to 2nd, but not every time. I'm wondering if maybe a pulsar would help the shift point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online