5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission pan removal/ exhaust pipe

Franky350

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I plan to change the transmission fluid on our 2019 1500 5.7. Has anyone replaced the pan without loosening the exhaust or raising the transmission? I did the whole procedure on a Chrysler 300 we had, but that didn’t have the exhaust pipe in the way.

Thanks

Handycraftman

Reaction score
You will need to disconnect the pipe from the manifold and the gearbox mount. Believe me, it will be faster than trying to take out the pallet.

Franky350

Reaction score
You will need to disconnect the pipe from the manifold and the gearbox mount. Believe me, it will be faster than trying to take out the pallet.
Thank you Handycraftman! Yes, I was just hoping I could do it without that.
Love that you drive the Ram over there in Russia!!

Chlorum

Reaction score
just remove trans rear support bolts and jack the rear of trans about and inch.
Unfortunately this doesn't work at all. I've tried that today. The transfer case/transmission moves up along with the the exhaust pipe .

Last edited:

popcenator

Reaction score
Unfortunately this doesn't work at all. I've tried that today. The transfer case/transmission moves up along with the the exhaust pipe .
I just did this yesterday and it worked perfectly. I found removing the bolts and raising the transmission was a much easier approach that messing with the exhaust. My exhaust did not move.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Handycraftman

Reaction score
I just did this yesterday and it worked perfectly. I found removing the bolts and raising the transmission was a much easier approach that messing with the exhaust. My exhaust did not move.

It's strange, friend. The gearbox rises together with the engine to which the exhaust system is screwed 🤷🏼‍♂️ maybe you have a trx? 🤣

popcenator

Reaction score
It's strange, friend. The gearbox rises together with the engine to which the exhaust system is screwed maybe you have a trx?
But you're tilting the back up, not raising it all together so the engine side of the drivetrain isn't really moving. I had to raise it even higher than you would with a stock pan because I installed a PPE pan and it still didn't move. Maybe I have the slowest TRX in existence lol.

Users who are viewing this thread