5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission Linkage Disconnected

Edk100

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows what the linkage in the attached picture does. It is located on drivers side of transmission a foot or so behind the front wheel. I climbed under the truck tonight to change the oil and noticed it was disconnected. I haven’t had any performance issues, truck is about to cross 13k miles.

I reconnected it, but will probably head to the dealer tomorrow if I have time. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and what the linkage is for.

Attachments

• 6C701322-66E0-44F0-84A1-C49719AE08BA.jpeg
    6C701322-66E0-44F0-84A1-C49719AE08BA.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 93

whetrick1

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows what the linkage in the attached picture does. It is located on drivers side of transmission a foot or so behind the front wheel. I climbed under the truck tonight to change the oil and noticed it was disconnected. I haven’t had any performance issues, truck is about to cross 13k miles.

I reconnected it, but will probably head to the dealer tomorrow if I have time. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and what the linkage is for.

I would definitely take it to the dealership and find out about it. It shouldn't have just come off like that. Is your truck a 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edk100

Reaction score
Truck is a 4x4 and I have used it. It functioned properly at the time.

Wish I got near 25 mpg lol. I average 17 or 18, but i have heavy foot.

I will see what dealer says. Thanks

thebluegoat

Reaction score
Probably the linkage for the emergency release for towing if the truck is completely dead and can't use the dial shifter. Used to be a panel with a release tether on the 4th gen trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread