5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission issue

Ram_man

Reaction score
2020 Bighorn, 1500. Only 3500 miles and had a problem with the transmission. When leaving a parking lot onto the street the transmission would not shift out of first gear. I pulled into a parking lot and shut off the engine and put in park. After a minute I started up and left the parking lot and proceed on and the transmission shifted normal. What do you think was the problem. Will watch to see if it repeats.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
This happened to me once @ a stop light about a month into owning my truck. Freaked me out. It's easy to forget about the buttons on the steering wheel.

U

User_3336

This happened to me once @ a stop light about a month into owning my truck. Freaked me out. It's easy to forget about the buttons on the steering wheel.
been there, done that. it does freak you out, because you can't react quickly to correct it.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had an issue of not coming out of first. It had to sit for an hour or so and it was OK. Stopping, shutting it off and restarting did not work. It was the battery, replaced under warranty. No issues since.

Users who are viewing this thread