5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission fluid change - Pan??

Glenn54

Reaction score
I have about 56,000 on my truck. Some of these miles are with towing and some at higher speed, 75+. I know the stock pan has a filter built in but is there a pan made that has a seperate filter, so it can be changed without a new pan? If you know which pan it is, please provide part number. Also, if you have changed the pan and fluid yourself, was it difficult? Getting a little old but can still change the oil when I want to. Thanks.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have about 56,000 on my truck. Some of these miles are with towing and some at higher speed, 75+. I know the stock pan has a filter built in but is there a pan made that has a seperate filter, so it can be changed without a new pan? If you know which pan it is, please provide part number. Also, if you have changed the pan and fluid yourself, was it difficult? Getting a little old but can still change the oil when I want to. Thanks.
try this

Way2QWK

Reaction score
Ive serviced my Durango with 8HP70 several times. The only trans pan with a separate filter Im aware of are a Dorman (265850) and a Autotecnica brand. After seeing the Dorman in person and knowing the reputation of the parts they make, I wasnt putting that in my vehicle. I bit the bullet and got a real Mopar pan online. After changing the pan with filter at 50k, I decided to just do drain and fills every 25k until I reach 100k. Its an easy job overall. Id recommend finding the process on youtube before you start the job just to familiarize yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread