5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission Failure

dajogejr

Reaction score
B2B service contracts do not exist. I don't care if its CNA or Chrysler Maxcare. I am trying to educate not knock on you or anyone. Many people are misled by service contracts. Usually if you have a contract from a dealer it is easy to get repairs authorized.
I think that’s more than fair. I’ve referred to it, incorrectly, as B2B before as well.
The factory 3/36 is “nearly” B2B…or as close to it as possible.

The MaxCare, IMO, is the best factory service contract out…and it’s a shame they did away with unlimited miles, but I understand.
It covers all the big expense items…and really saved my bacon on my 2015 limited (which…was unlimited miles when purchased).

Between the air ride, the tech, 4WD, etc. these simply aren’t vehicles most can work on in their driveway anymore.
But bumper to bumper it’s not…and people reading these posts should…educate themselves prior to entering into any contract. But, spreading incorrect information is not good practice, either. Your point is valid.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Putting an unknown condition part in is not on par with my thinking when talking cheaper is better. Putting a known good transmission, that has, at minimum been opened up and inspected, is what I recommend. Trying to put words in my mouth isn't suiting you well.

Even a 20k mile, or less, transmission could still have been abused and damaged prior to removal
I just gave an option, if people are concerned about cost you should help and give all examples. All the used transmissions have warranties on them(that I am quoting), some better than what a rebuilder will give you. I did not put any words in that mouth of yours. I state what I think you would want, based on my opinion of you and comments you make. There are always cheaper ways to get things done.

$1300 for a trans with less than 15k miles on it, 1 year parts and labor warranty(up to $150/hr). Put that girl in the cart.

Users who are viewing this thread