5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission Error

Nategp

Reaction score
I was leaving work yesterday and my truck wouldn't shift out of 1st gear. A service transmission message popped up and the engine light came on. I pulled over and restarted the truck and it started shifting fine. Brought it to the local Dodge dealer this morning and the error code that popped up was P0731-00 with a description of "Gear 1 Shift Incorrect Ratio". Of course the dealership cant get me in until the 17th to try and diagnose why this happened. As of right now its driving fine and the check engine light is off. Was just wondering if anybody else has had an issue like this?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was leaving work yesterday and my truck wouldn't shift out of 1st gear. A service transmission message popped up and the engine light came on. I pulled over and restarted the truck and it started shifting fine. Brought it to the local Dodge dealer this morning and the error code that popped up was P0731-00 with a description of "Gear 1 Shift Incorrect Ratio". Of course the dealership cant get me in until the 17th to try and diagnose why this happened. As of right now its driving fine and the check engine light is off. Was just wondering if anybody else has had an issue like this?
Had issue with not coming out of 1st, sat for a few hours and it was OK. It was the battery, replaced under warranty no issues since. Battery was 2 years old.

Kilroy

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, and strangely enough on the same day you had it happen, check engine light on for a few days after but now its fine. However now I have an air bag error light.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had issue with not coming out of 1st, sat for a few hours and it was OK. It was the battery, replaced under warranty no issues since. Battery was 2 years old.
There seems to be no end to the strange things that can happen with a weak battery.

Users who are viewing this thread