5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission bump?

How many miles? Mine got worse then got better. I made the dealer let me show the tech. I could at the time make it happen on demand. Around 1000 miles it was really noticeable. Since it's gotten smoother. I'll tell you they don't know what it is.
But I'm able to make it happen on demand as you describe. It seems to be worse when the engine isn't all the way warmed up yet as well.

But I'm able to make it happen on demand as you describe. It seems to be worse when the engine isn't all the way warmed up yet as well.
Fair enough, if I really focus on it happening I think I think it's worse. I just hit 7700 an it's definitely not as bad as it was. Once everything is to operating temperatures sometimes it never happens at all. Other days I notice it more often, I can tie that to the driving style of the day. The road I take most often is 55mph. Depending on the day folks like to do 40mph. These trucks don't like 40mph. So I find myself having to let off the gas more often.

I'm sorry I have no definitive answers yet. I still believe it's something with the etorque. I'd just wait for whatever it is to break. (if it is something wrong and not just how the system works). Or inspect things often to see if you notice anything wearing to fast. I got a scan tool to monitor for codes that don't trip the dash light. I'll keep any updates posted.

Fair enough, if I really focus on it happening I think I think it's worse. I just hit 7700 an it's definitely not as bad as it was. Once everything is to operating temperatures sometimes it never happens at all. Other days I notice it more often, I can tie that to the driving style of the day. The road I take most often is 55mph. Depending on the day folks like to do 40mph. These trucks don't like 40mph. So I find myself having to let off the gas more often.

I'm sorry I have no definitive answers yet. I still believe it's something with the etorque. I'd just wait for whatever it is to break. (if it is something wrong and not just how the system works). Or inspect things often to see if you notice anything wearing to fast. I got a scan tool to monitor for codes that don't trip the dash light. I'll keep any updates posted.
that's actually a good idea about checking for codes that don't trigger a CEL. I've got a scan tool, I'm gonna do a quick scan just to check.

that's actually a good idea about checking for codes that don't trigger a CEL. I've got a scan tool, I'm gonna do a quick scan just to check.
So I never got any codes doing that. I did get some codes for my uconnect stuff loosing connection. So I think I figured out one problem.

With this abs recall, I took the truck in to get my module flashed. Bad idea as it wouldn't except the new software. So now I gotta wait however many months for a part. Dash is lit like an Christmas tree now. The point of me bringing this up though is that after they tried to flash it. A lot of stuff went down. Like auto start/stop is now off, parking brake, esc. An the thump is back an worse. So it's possible this abs recall has something to do with it.

So I never got any codes doing that. I did get some codes for my uconnect stuff loosing connection. So I think I figured out one problem.

With this abs recall, I took the truck in to get my module flashed. Bad idea as it wouldn't except the new software. So now I gotta wait however many months for a part. Dash is lit like an Christmas tree now. The point of me bringing this up though is that after they tried to flash it. A lot of stuff went down. Like auto start/stop is now off, parking brake, esc. An the thump is back an worse. So it's possible this abs recall has something to do with it.
I also feel like my "thump" is getting worse. Specifically in the mornings and when ECO mode is active. I'm just letting it go though. I'm sure my dealer will say it's normal or they don't feel it. Once it gets real bad and can easily be identified I'll take mine in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back