5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transfer case fluid

Adkram

Reaction score
Anyone change this yet? Manual recommends Mopar 44-44 ot 44-45. While I was in at the dealer for another part I asked for the correct transfer case lubricant and they gave me Mopar 75W-85 oil. Does not seem like the right stuff.

I am going to hold off on this for now until I figure it out!

Runagun

Reaction score
For the transfer case I was going to change My '19 @ 30k miles but It got totalled before that. Last I recall on amsoil site. They used Atf fuild for the transfer case. . Rear end for the 3.21 called for 75-90 and 75-140 for the 3.92 rear end. This is top of my head so Id double check.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I changed mine out at 25k. It’s not gear oil and it’s not ATF. This is what my dealer sold me and it was the same fluid I drained out.

It looks like gear oil but smells different.

3A170BC3-72D5-4EC7-8BD2-2E58C2002980.png

Adkram

Reaction score
I changed mine out at 25k. It’s not gear oil and it’s not ATF. This is what my dealer sold me and it was the same fluid I drained out.

View attachment 89050
Thanks for sending this. Definitely not what I had!

Users who are viewing this thread