5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trans filter change

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not, I’ve heard good and bad. Bad is leaking at seal of pan. Which pan replacement is needed again.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Reviews from that Amazon page are all positive. I'd probably risk it if I needed to do a trans service. With only 7500 miles on my 2021 I don't see that being needed for quite a while though.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would like to say that I'll keep my Ram forever, and could get good use out of something like this. The reality is I've never kept any vehicle longer than 10 years, most for half of that. Buuuuuuut, if I did, I'd take a chance on this one

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have part numbers handy, etc., but I used a BMW ZF transmission pan for my son's Alfa...and it exactly matches the ZF pan under my truck.

These ZF8 transmissions have identical valve bodies. The price for the specific pan varies widely, based on how much they think they can get out of you.

FWIW, the ZF pan has the three embedded magnets and the built-in filter. It comes with a gasket and new bolts.

Let us know about the aftermarket one.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dorman option isn’t a bad one. As filter can get changed with out pan replacement after that.

Users who are viewing this thread