5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Train Horn Wiring Help Needed

TylerL

Reaction score
Hey All,

I recently purchased a Horn Blasters Outlaw train horn. In the directions it says to "run wire to an ignition positive wire....do not run directly to the battery" Where can I tap into an ignition powered source? I keep digging through the forum and am not finding the information I am looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All,

I recently purchased a Horn Blasters Outlaw train horn. In the directions it says to "run wire to an ignition positive wire....do not run directly to the battery" Where can I tap into an ignition powered source? I keep digging through the forum and am not finding the information I am looking for.

Thanks in advance!
Can you post the install instructions? I don’t want to tell you which ignition power source to use without knowing the current draw of that kit.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
F33 in cab is always on. F52,F57 & F58 are direct battery feed.

Under the hood F57 is the horn. it is always on and logical for your application.

lots of good stuff in this thead https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/hard-wire-dash-cam-install.550
He’s looking for ignition power, but regardless...
What is the wire from the kit that is borrowing an ignition circuit running? Is it a compressor? What is the current draw? What’s the current draw of the truck device already on that circuit? Can the run/start relay on the PDC PCB for that fused circuit handle the factory device and the train horn load at the same time? There are several fused ignition circuits in the exterior and interior PDC, depending on which location is more convenient, but I won’t blindly tell someone to tap a circuit on their truck without knowing what kind of load it is.

Boston

Reaction score
Moments like this make me wish 1500 had the auxiliary switch option like they used to.

sppb32

Reaction score
Do you have a test light? Test the fuses, there are 2 10 amp fuses close together and they are both ignition controlled, I believe its P35 I taped into it myself, ways use a relay.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread