5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer wiring not working

spphil

Reaction score
The left turn signal and brake light to the trailer are not working. The trailer lamp is working . I tested it with my Fluke mutimeter and there is no voltage at the pin connector on either the 4 pin or the 8 pin. Does anyone know if there is fuse in the circuit??

spphil

Reaction score
OK I looked in the owners manual (I know I should have looked there first. I'm 72 that's my excuse ) It is fuse F09 for the left and F10 for the right . F09 was blown . I replaced the fuse and hookup the trailer and it is working.

Normond

Reaction score
I am trying to find the left trailer light fuse F09 on my 2019 1500. Was it in the engine compartment or under the steering wheel area ? Do you have a diagram or a link to it?
Thanks in advance

Rick J

Reaction score
It's in the panel in the engine compartment.

Power Distribution Center
The Power Distribution Center is located in the engine compartment near the battery. This center contains cartridge fuses,
micro fuses, relays, and circuit breakers. A description of each fuse and component may be stamped on the inside cover, otherwise
the cavity number of each fuse is stamped on the inside cover that corresponds to the following chart.
Cavity Cartridge Fuse Micro Fuse Description
F01 – 25 Amp Clear Fuel Pump Motor
F03 – 5 Amp Tan MGU – If Equipped
F04 – – Spare
F05 – – Spare
F06 – – Spare
F07 – – Spare
F08 20 Amp Blue – Trailer Tow Backup
F09 – 20 Amp Yellow Trailer Stop / Turn Lamp Left
F10 – 20 Amp Yellow Trailer Stop / Turn Lamp Right
F11 – – Spare
F12 20 Amp Blue – Trailer Tow Park Lamp