5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Trip Meter

ckallina

Reaction score
Has anyone used the trailer trip when towing? I hooked up my boat (plugged in the wiring harness) and turned on the tow/haul but the trailer trip info stays stuck on zero. Does anyone know how to get it to start counting?

JLUR_

Reaction score
Has anyone used the trailer trip when towing? I hooked up my boat (plugged in the wiring harness) and turned on the tow/haul but the trailer trip info stays stuck on zero. Does anyone know how to get it to start counting?
I believe that you need to get into your uConnect and save some trailer settings. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ckallina

Reaction score
I believe that you need to get into your uConnect and save some trailer settings. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I did go to the trailer settings and see that it was defaulted to trailer 1 and turned on. I even selected boat but still not counting miles on the trailer trip.

ckallina

Reaction score
Interesting, I didn't think about that. Thanks for your reply.

S

Smashy71

I believe it uses the TB controller to trigger trailer trips at least that's how it works on my 16. Most fishing boats use surge brakes so the TB controller isn't connected.
This^

jkempken

Reaction score
I have your same issue when i use my sled trailer, small 2 place so no TB's. The Trailer for my RZR on the other hand has TB's so i can keep track of the mileage.

slimchance

Reaction score
don't think there is a way to "trick" it .... the trailer odometer looks for trailer brake load connection .. another tread discussed this and i hooked up my 1,000 # single axle no brakes = no odometer ... then i hooked up my 7,000 # tandem axle with brakes = trailer odometer ... so i am sure that electric brake load is the key

Users who are viewing this thread