5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer TPMS sensors

John Galt

Reaction score
My truck with factory tow package came with 6 TPMS sensors….which is great.

however, the rv I’m looking at purchasing already has TPMS sensors and it’s own monitoring system (I think I can connect to it via Bluetooth? Maybe it’s WiFi….not sure). The point is the tires already have TPMS sensors installed and they’re already paired with a device that monitors them.

Do I need to replace the TPMS sensors or are they all pretty much the same and can be paired to my truck. Also, if they’re already paired to the monitor in the trailer do I have to unpair them somehow or are they just broadcasting and you just have to train the monitor to read the broadcast?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck with factory tow package came with 6 TPMS sensors….which is great.

however, the rv I’m looking at purchasing already has TPMS sensors and it’s own monitoring system (I think I can connect to it via Bluetooth? Maybe it’s WiFi….not sure). The point is the tires already have TPMS sensors installed and they’re already paired with a device that monitors them.

Do I need to replace the TPMS sensors or are they all pretty much the same and can be paired to my truck. Also, if they’re already paired to the monitor in the trailer do I have to unpair them somehow or are they just broadcasting and you just have to train the monitor to read the broadcast?
Ask Jimmy07. He knows about the system. He said the trailer units for our trucks are different than the normal sensors.

andrew83

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if the Trailer TPMS can be added after purchase? I have a 2023 Ram 2500 that did not come with this feature. The dealer said the wiring was present and it could be added, so they activated the feature. Now that they added the module, they can't get it programmed to the truck. Anyone had any luck in getting this done?

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if the Trailer TPMS can be added after purchase? I have a 2023 Ram 2500 that did not come with this feature. The dealer said the wiring was present and it could be added, so they activated the feature. Now that they added the module, they can't get it programmed to the truck. Anyone had any luck in getting this done?
Look through this thread a lot of information Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Users who are viewing this thread