5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Tow Package - Light Wiring

luckydog125

Reaction score
On my 2021 RAM Limited 1500, I purchased the trailer tow package but now see that it doesnt come with the wiring for the brake/running lights. Is that correct and normal? I would think it would have a wire harness somewhere. If this is correct, does anyone have a link as to what I need to purchase and install instructions instead of me paying U-Haul $200 to do this? Thanks in advance.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
On my 2021 RAM Limited 1500, I purchased the trailer tow package but now see that it doesnt come with the wiring for the brake/running lights. Is that correct and normal? I would think it would have a wire harness somewhere. If this is correct, does anyone have a link as to what I need to purchase and install instructions instead of me paying U-Haul $200 to do this? Thanks in advance.
Take a picture of the back of your truck in the center including the areas to either side of license plate and below bumper around the hitch please.

Goldsy

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited without the trailer tow package, and I still got a hitch plus the 7 and 4 pin plugs in the back. Installed the brake controller myself and got the dealer to flash the software for me.

luckydog125

Reaction score
Well I am an idiot! I also have both the 4 pin and 7 pin plugs. I never even noticed the covers to the right of the license plate. Apologize for the dumb post but appreciate everyones help!

Users who are viewing this thread