5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Tire Pressure System Service Required

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Went to the dealer to get my first oil change on thursday and ever since then every time I start the truck I get a Trailer Tire Pressure System Service Required on the cluster. I have not yet installed the trailer tire pressure sensors in any wheels and they were just sitting dormant in the glove box. I called the dealer and they have never heard of this happening before. My theory is that when they plugged their scanner into the vehicle to check it in for service it read those sensors in the glove box but they're reading nothing and thinks the sensors are broken. Anyone else experience this? I did search briefly on the forum and found one person that had a loose wiring harness.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You took it for an oil change...you think the pod activated the trailer tire pressure sensors.... doesn't work that way. I have 1 set of sensors in my glove box and 1 set on a trailer. The only time the trailer sensors read is after I hook up to the trailer and drive.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
You took it for an oil change...you think the pod activated the trailer tire pressure sensors.... doesn't work that way. I have 1 set of sensors in my glove box and 1 set on a trailer. The only time the trailer sensors read is after I hook up to the trailer and drive.
Just spitballing as it never threw this code before the oil change. Actually they did rotate the tires too but idk why that would f with the trailer sensors. That's why the only thing I could think of was maybe when the service guy was checking the car in and reading the system it picked up those sensors.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Just to update this of course the warning stopped showing up the day before I went to the dealer to have it looked at. The only thing I did was remove the sensors from the vehicle for a few days. The Trailer Tire Pressure System seems to have reset itself. If I go to that screen on the instrument cluster it now says Trailer Tire Pressure System Not Configured and before when it was throwing the error the screen showed the 4 sensors reading dashes.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Update: The dealer had to order a new wiring harness for the Trailer Tire Pressure System. They said they took it apart and it was all green inside.

Users who are viewing this thread