5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer steering control functional question

Ejenkins8984

Reaction score
Hi, go easy on me with this question. I am thinking about upgrading from my 2011. The only thing I tow is a small 5x8 utility trailer with my riding mower. As I look at the trailer steering control, will it work with such a small trailer? Everything I have found indicates testing/examples on a covered trailer. Will the small size of the utility trailer confuse the steering? Thanks

bucolic

Reaction score
I just towed a motorcycle on a UHaul motorcycle trailer. The trailer steering worked on the trailer empty and loaded but in all honesty, I could back it up quicker, easier, and more accurately manually. Maybe a learning curve on it and when I hook up the camper this spring maybe my experience will be different. I only played with it a bit before I gave up and turned it off and backed it up manually.

trailer2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online