5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Reverse Steering Control TRSC Addon

HookedonRam

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting another RAM 1500 and it doesn't have the trailer brake so, I was wondering if anyone tried to install the all new trailer reverse steering control module?

CaptainJC

Reaction score
I bought an otherwise fully loaded 2021 Limited and the only thing it was missing was the brake controller. You can absolutely add the brake controller after the fact (I enabled it with OBD Link MX+, you will need the Mopar security cable to commit the programming changes. I was not able to add the reverse trailer steering knob as it would remove a lot of the Limited features with air-ride, etc.

Hope this helps.

HookedonRam

Reaction score
I bought an otherwise fully loaded 2021 Limited and the only thing it was missing was the brake controller. You can absolutely add the brake controller after the fact (I enabled it with OBD Link MX+, you will need the Mopar security cable to commit the programming changes. I was not able to add the reverse trailer steering knob as it would remove a lot of the Limited features with air-ride, etc.

Hope this helps.
I think you can get a module that includes the air ride with it. I am just wondering if it's doable because I was thinking about purchasing a Laramie that came with the surround cameras and the adaptive cruise control. I think you need to have certain things to make the TRSC work.

Users who are viewing this thread