5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer connected and rear parking off issue

LiveWire

Reaction score
Huh that’s odd, when I hook up a 7 pin the truck shuts off the rear park sensors automatically.
My trailer has the 7 pin, it shows on dash trailer hooked up, but doesnt shut anything off. It should do like yours. This trailer does not have brakes

LiveWire

Reaction score
Wonder if it was an update for the newer years, for safety or some such nonsense. Dude who did my orientation at the dealer made sure to point it out a couple times that I would have to turn the rear sensors odd when I hooked up a trailer.
I do have a pulsar tuner on mine, wondered if that was why, but apparently your 2022 isnt shutting off either.

Quint

Reaction score
It's dumb that only a 7 pin should trigger this. It should work on the 4-pin as well. It's still a trailer.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My trailer has the 7 pin, it shows on dash trailer hooked up, but doesnt shut anything off. It should do like yours. This trailer does not have brakes
Apparently it only works if you have brakes and a 7 pin connector, I would test this but all of the 7 pin trailers I use have brakes

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's dumb that only a 7 pin should trigger this. It should work on the 4-pin as well. It's still a trailer.
Yup, I wonder how the GMs and Fords respond to trailers being hooked up. If they have the settings to auto shut off rear park sensors with a 4 or 7 pin and ram doesn’t then I’d be kinda annoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread