5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Camera Wiring

MLB12

Reaction score
As we all have come to know, trying to get the trailer camera wiring to a somewhat usable state means forking out huge dollars for the whole trailer wiring package that comes with multiple, and different lengths, of cables. The premise being to daisy chain the various lengths together to get to the back of your trailer. Then, on top of all that foolishness, you get a less than acceptable camera!

I've sure someone has already raised this point, but if so I can't find it, so apologies all the way around.

I've been looking at various wireless camera systems designed solely for RVs, boats, and the sort. There are numerous fully featured systems available, but the key is how can we tie the signal from the wireless system into the 12-pin trailer connector? If that can be done then instead of having a monitor mounted somewhere in the cab, we just use the 12" display that is already there.

So, anyone got any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread