5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Camera Wiring Instructions

MLB12

Reaction score
For anyone who has purchased the actual trailer camera wiring kit-not the trailer wiring prep kit, do you still have the installation instructions?

When I track down the 82216274AC part number, all the MOPAR websites show it as the camera kit, and they do have a photo of the actual camera kit components, but the installation instructions available on the various sites are for the Trailer Camera Prep Kit, not the camera kit itself. I'd appreciate it if someone could send me a copy if they're still available.

Last question-did the kit come with the Y-cable for running two cameras, or just the single camera cable?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like they have pictures swapped.

I think the part# you listed is the wiring prep kit and 82216068AD is the dual camera trail kit.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

MLB12

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, it is appreciated.

I tend to agree with you on the photo being swapped, and thanks for the dual camera kit part number. I do note that it is for the 2500/3500 series, but there really shouldn't be any difference between those trucks and the 1500s.

Given it is identified as the dual camera kit, once has to presume that the actual plug cable is the 2-headed one, and not the single head. I was able to find some information that indicated the later production kits all have the 2-head cable. Can you verify that?

MLB12

Reaction score
Thanks to dts828's help I'm finally on the right path. If I can get my hands on the primary cable e/w 12-pin plug, I'm going to build my own cable, one without a multitude of connectors!

Does anyone who has installed the dual camera primary cable still have the part number tag still available? If so, I can order the cable e/w the 12-pin plug as well as both camera feeds.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread