5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Brake settings missing

Ddubya

Reaction score
I just installed the factory trailer brake controller (2020 1500 Laramie) and programed it with the AlphaOBD software. The display shows up in the console and everything works but the Trailer settings do not appear in the "Settings" area on the UConnect 8.4 display. Is this normal for a 1500?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I have the 8" UConnect and factory trailer package. On the UConnect, under Settings, there is one named "Trailer" where I select light/heavy/light electric over hydraulic/heavy electric over hydraulic and I can also select a name for each of 4 presets. On the instrument cluster, I can watch the trailer % and see the gain, or reset trailer mileage. No other adjustments there.

Much like when the battery gets disconnected and things go missing, I'd give it a day and see if things miraculously appear.

Ddubya

Reaction score
The "Trailer" option is what is missing on my display. I had a 3500 with the same display and it had the same options as yours.

Ddubya

Reaction score
Started the truck this morning and everything is back on the media display. Looks like it just takes a lot of time to update. Life is good.

Users who are viewing this thread