5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer brake installed today

carwash2

Reaction score
The dealer installed my trailer brake today. It looks like they did a good job on it. No cost to me, it was part of the deal when I bought the truck. I'll have to wait for the weather to get better to hook up to one of my trailers to see how it's going to work!

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
The fully integrated OEM proportional brake controller is so nice! I loved mine on my 2017 and can't wait to test it out on my 2019.

smiles5619

Reaction score
Lucky! I ordered mine to be installed in December and it is still on back order! They are hoping to get it in by the end of the month. Grrr

JV77

Reaction score
Lucky! I ordered mine to be installed in December and it is still on back order! They are hoping to get it in by the end of the month. Grrr
Mine was ordered for my truck in December when I took delivery. Originally I was told January 31st, which came and went. I was just told by my dealer that it is now back ordered till June 18th. I would love to hear anyone else's experience and dates to find out if this is really what FCA is telling dealers now.

smiles5619

Reaction score
Mine was ordered for my truck in December when I took delivery. Originally I was told January 31st, which came and went. I was just told by my dealer that it is now back ordered till June 18th. I would love to hear anyone else's experience and dates to find out if this is really what FCA is telling dealers now.

I just got a call today. It's finally in and getting installed Friday. Good grief. Now I'm waiting for the black side steps....which of course are on back order.

smitty2019

Reaction score
the dealer told me a june date to get the trailer brake controller but it came in today. how many hours will it take to install . they are installing it at the place I purchased it , should the flash be included in the price of the install , or should they charge me for the flash at all?

Reaction score
It only takes about 30 minutes to install it. There's a thread where a bunch of us have been doing it ourselves. Flashing only takes about 15 minutes, if you're paying a dealer to install it that'll just be included in the labor time. But be aware, some people are being charged a half hour, and for some reason a few are being charged an hour for the flash.

smitty2019

Reaction score
what is the official in stall time to put in the controller, f you know or a good guess would help

It only takes about 30 minutes to install it. There's a thread where a bunch of us have been doing it ourselves. Flashing only takes about 15 minutes, if you're paying a dealer to install it that'll just be included in the labor time. But be aware, some people are being charged a half hour, and for some reason a few are being charged an hour for the flash.

Snakes709

Reaction score
Guess im lucky my truck came with it. I have only hauled a trailer with my 2015 and 2016 a handful of times and didnt have the trailer brake controller. Really curious how it will feel with it.

Users who are viewing this thread