5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer brake? for 2019 Ram 3500 DRW Tradesman Chassis body

TK Grounds

Reaction score
Purchased a Mopar trailer brake (Part # 82215278AC) and it fits the truck perfectly, plugs right in. Took it to the dealer and they can’t program it. Dealer says there is no trailer break available for this truck which means there is no programming available. Other than getting an aftermarket trailer brake, how do I make this work? How is it possible there’s no trailer brake and programming available for this truck?

Attachments

• E9EEF59E-F542-4898-8327-EF6EDAEA9A67.jpeg
    E9EEF59E-F542-4898-8327-EF6EDAEA9A67.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 5

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased a Mopar trailer brake (Part # 82215278AC) and it fits the truck perfectly, plugs right in. Took it to the dealer and they can’t program it. Dealer says there is no trailer break available for this truck which means there is no programming available. Other than getting an aftermarket trailer brake, how do I make this work? How is it possible there’s no trailer brake and programming available for this truck?

Should work the same as programming the other trucks, it's the same sales code for the brake controller, sales code XHC. I'd try again with them or get a different dealer on the line and see what they know.

Users who are viewing this thread