5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Brake Controller

Jtmoney528

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited ecodiesel with the OEM trailer brake controller installed. When I go through my options I do not have any options for controlling it, there is not even a trailer tow menu at all. I can hit the plus, minus, and manual switch and it does not pop-up with anything on the screen. I went through the arrows on the steering wheel and the trailer tow menu is just not there at all. Any ideas of what to do?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don’t have the trailer icon in the scroll menu? That’s where is shows what your gain is set to 15CE41FF-2A9C-4C35-BCF3-9455756CEF93.png

downsc123

Reaction score
you must not have it enabled. Assuming the brake controller is factory installed, take it back to the dealer and have them add it (or do it yourself with AlphaOBD)

Jtmoney528

Reaction score
you must not have it enabled. Assuming the brake controller is factory installed, take it back to the dealer and have them add it (or do it yourself with AlphaOBD)
Is there a walkthrough on how to do it with AlphaOBD?

nmdeere4R

Reaction score
Is there a walkthrough on how to do it with AlphaOBD?
I have a better solution for enabling the software. I purchased the OEM brake controller from a company called Infotainment. As part of the kit they include a preprogrammed OBD flash that enables the software. I hung on to it just in case someone was having your particular issue. I’d be happy to send it to you.

mcp6530

Reaction score
I have a better solution for enabling the software. I purchased the OEM brake controller from a company called Infotainment. As part of the kit they include a preprogrammed OBD flash that enables the software. I hung on to it just in case someone was having your particular issue. I’d be happy to send it to you.
Do you have a link to what you bought?

Gregg72

Reaction score
If it's under warranty have the dealership re flash. That way it's turned on and coded in the system. Also have them check vin. See it has the trailer towing on the build sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread