5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trading in my 2015 for a 2020

SAURKRT

Reaction score
My 2015 was my first RAM (first FCA/Dodge family product ever, in fact), coming from a strong GM background. But I sold my 2014 GMC with only 4000 miles on it - I was that sick of it...

Now I am a RAM fan, and have converted my son as well. He has a 2013 and will be getting my 2015 when my 2020 arrives.

I have been on ramforum.com for several years, but in anticipation of my 5G and trying to get info on things I can do to enhance/upgrade it, found much more relevant info here. So I expect this to be the place to hang out for the foreseeable future.

Great Site. Thanks!

derp

Reaction score
My 2015 was my first RAM (first FCA/Dodge family product ever, in fact), coming from a strong GM background. But I sold my 2014 GMC with only 4000 miles on it - I was that sick of it...

Now I am a RAM fan, and have converted my son as well. He has a 2013 and will be getting my 2015 when my 2020 arrives.

I have been on ramforum.com for several years, but in anticipation of my 5G and trying to get info on things I can do to enhance/upgrade it, found much more relevant info here. So I expect this to be the place to hang out for the foreseeable future.

Great Site. Thanks!
everyone has their own goals.

For me, I needed a bed top that could not block the bed when I want to haul. I got the RollNLock bed cover.
I needed to use the bed for cargo straight away and didn't want scratches and ultimatly premature wear on the bed vs the cab. I got spray in liner.
As it happens, my kids had problems loading/unloading. I got some step up bars.

My coworkers with the same generation opted for the pedal commander for a more fun pedal response. I know I would demolish my fuel efficiency even more with stronger pedal response.

My brother swears by his weathertech cab mats.

unless you plan on some serious towing, I would caution against the tow package. you lose a few creture comforts like the 360 cam, power folding mirrors and dynamic ride height air suspension.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
x2 on not getting the tow package. The 3.92's will pull most anything you want and unless the trailer is one of those 102" wide ones, the regular mirrors with extenders works fine. I don't tow so I accepted a 3.21. Many members do tow ,8,000 and also use 3.21.
I'd say get the ETorque and 3.92's for resale, but that's totally your decision.
Is the multi-function tailgate worth almost a grand to you? Sounds like a nice option however its spendy.

SAURKRT

Reaction score
My brother swears by his weathertech cab mats.

unless you plan on some serious towing, I would caution against the tow package. you lose a few creture comforts like the 360 cam, power folding mirrors and dynamic ride height air suspension.

Yes, I forewent the factory floor mats and will be ordering Weathertech. And the main reason I just got the trailer brake control instead of the tow package was the mirrors.

SAURKRT

Reaction score
I'd say get the ETorque and 3.92's for resale, but that's totally your decision.
Is the multi-function tailgate worth almost a grand to you? Sounds like a nice option however its spendy.

OK, so I didn't get the E-Torque (truck IS ordered, BTW) because of the Auto Stop/Start. If I were confident it could be turned off in tuning I would have gone for it. I will be doing an exhaust - probably either a Mufflex/Magnaflow or Borla cat-back - and the stop/start from perfectly silent to full roar would be very disconcerting to me...

The milti-function tailgate was attractive to me, but it's only available with the E-Torque!

Very strange set of rules they have as to what you can and can't get together. In addition to the tailgate thing, you can't get the surround view camera unless you get the Level 2 Equip Pkg. And you can't get the Level 2 unless you get the E-Torque!!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
OK, so I didn't get the E-Torque (truck IS ordered, BTW) because of the Auto Stop/Start. If I were confident it could be turned off in tuning I would have gone for it. I will be doing an exhaust - probably either a Mufflex/Magnaflow or Borla cat-back - and the stop/start from perfectly silent to full roar would be very disconcerting to me...

The milti-function tailgate was attractive to me, but it's only available with the E-Torque!

Very strange set of rules they have as to what you can and can't get together. In addition to the tailgate thing, you can't get the surround view camera unless you get the Level 2 Equip Pkg. And you can't get the Level 2 unless you get the E-Torque!!
hmm, that does sound strange. Somewhere recently a new member commented on the ET and tuning, I think he said his tuner disabled it ok. Darned if I can remember who it was, maybe I'll scroll down a few pages. Unless you are already so far on the build that they won't change it.

SAURKRT

Reaction score
hmm, that does sound strange. Somewhere recently a new member commented on the ET and tuning, I think he said his tuner disabled it ok. Darned if I can remember who it was, maybe I'll scroll down a few pages. Unless you are already so far on the build that they won't change it.

I am familiar with and somewhat loyal to Hemifever, who uses the Diablo tuner. Diablo does not support the 2020 PCM yet, so he has no idea what will be accessible.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I am familiar with and somewhat loyal to Hemifever, who uses the Diablo tuner. Diablo does not support the 2020 PCM yet, so he has no idea what will be accessible.
Hopefully it will be supported soon. Wonder why the 19' wouldn't work with the 20'?

SAURKRT

Reaction score
Hopefully it will be supported soon. Wonder why the 19' wouldn't work with the 20'?

Just a guess:
Auto manufacturers don't like people playing with their stuff, so they make it hard to get into their systems. They change the way they are accessed with every model year to keep the wannabees away but make it possible for the true hackers to get in eventually.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What kind of vehicle is a 2006 Kubota? Oh, I'm just kidding. My son sells Kubota equipment in Pennsylvania. He also drives a Ram. (y)

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Just a guess:
Auto manufacturers don't like people playing with their stuff, so they make it hard to get into their systems. They change the way they are accessed with every model year to keep the wannabees away but make it possible for the true hackers to get in eventually.
thanks

SAURKRT

Reaction score
What kind of vehicle is a 2006 Kubota? Oh, I'm just kidding. My son sells Kubota equipment in Pennsylvania. He also drives a Ram. (y)

I don't think I have any pics of my RAM hauling the Kubota... I've only done it once or twice. But here is the basic machine...

IMG_6364.jpg

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the photo of the Kubota. Looks sweeeet! :)

Users who are viewing this thread