5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traded in my 4 month old truck

baf3472

Reaction score
I bought my 2021 Limited December 3rd. When I went to the dealer, they only had 2 Limited's on the lot, granite and silver, non-night edition both with RAM boxes. The RAM boxes were something I didn't want. I can see how they can be useful to a lot of people, but i would rather have that extra space in the bed. With the deal they were giving me in December, I bought the granite figuring I can change the chrome out and hoped the granite would grow on me, but it never did. So i called the dealership and surprisingly, they were willing to work with me. They gave me the same discount as in December, and only a few thousand less that what I originally paid on my trade in, which they offset with a few more rebates and was able to get into a limited bright white night edition without ram boxes for about what I paid for the first truck. I'm just excited about that so I figured I would make a thread about it.
image1[35271].jpeg image2[35272].jpeg

Last edited:

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
That white night is sharp looking. I was torn between that and the silver I ordered and am still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yangster

Reaction score
The granite is nice, but the white is way nicer. But I'm partial to white. My Ltd Longhorn should be arriving in a couple weeks. I hope I like the Ivory as much as the white. I went with the Ivory cause I wanted the 2-tone.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The granite is nice, but the white is way nicer. But I'm partial to white. My Ltd Longhorn should be arriving in a couple weeks. I hope I like the Ivory as much as the white. I went with the Ivory cause I wanted the 2-tone.
The Ivory looks really nice, it as a $500 option and it is hard to find on dealer lots.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Awesome that the dealer was willing to work with you. The night edition is a sharp truck.

baf3472

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. The granite was a nice color, but it "acted" too much like black. When it was clean, the metallic made it look incredible, but 20 minutes later, with just a little dirt on it, it looked dull. I always loved the stormtrooper look on trucks so I'm glad I made the trade.
I had gotten a killer deal on my granite in Dec, sticker was $72,000 and dealer gave it to me for $60,000 before my trade in. With my trade it and after adding the aftermarket warranty, which i regretted, I walked out of there with it for less than $50,000. The white trucks sticker was $69,000 and they lowered it to $60,000, same as the other truck. They offered me $52,000 for my granite. I had looked on carvana and noticed that value of 2020's were around $54,000, and I figured my 2021 was worth at least that much so that was what I was expecting to get. When I mentioned that, they found about $2000 in rebates to help cover the difference. They were also able to get me a refund on the aftermarket warranty even though I was out of the 30 day window. I'm not sure what that extra $2000 was or where it came from or why they didn't just offer it from the beginning, but I just accepted the deal and signed. So if you have a 2021 you want to trade in, and they don't have too many Limited's on the lot, expect to get between 50-55 for your truck. My salesman did tell me that trading it in now, while they are not producing many trucks did help me get a little more than I would have normally. Also, there were 3 new TRX's there and I was really tempted to get one, so me trying to get out of there before I did may have played a part in me not negotiating more. lol

Last edited:

JbVt

Reaction score
I was between the white and the granite on my night edition when I ordered. Went with the granite. Don’t get me wrong that white night with the sport hood is killer!

Users who are viewing this thread