5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traded Gladiator for a Limited

Kooch80

Reaction score
Traded in my Ecodiesel Rubicon for a Limited today. Gladiator was just too small for me. Now I have about 6 months to decide if I want to keep this truck or get the TRX I ordered when it comes in 😂

Attachments

• 20220702_192932.jpg
    20220702_192932.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220630_195117.jpg
    20220630_195117.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 109

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram Limited, Wrangler Rubicon, and a TRX... Other than being loaded up, those are 3 totally different rides! Congrats on having to make that choice :ROFLMAO:

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
curious...what sort of highway mileage could you get on the Gladiator? And I'd keep the limited AND the TRX...

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally, if I'm spending the kind of dough they want for a TRX, I'm not even considering the TRX. I'm going straight to the Power Wagon, or a Limited Longhorn 2500. Much more usable trucks for less money.
I just don't see what everyone's fuss is about the TRX. If I want to go fast I'd be looking at Chargers/Challengers and those aren't even a blip on my radar these days. I want my big comfortable truck that can do some work.

OP, I traded my JL Wrangler for my Ram. They gave me $5K more than I paid for it (bought it new from that very dealership 3 years prior). I liked my Jeep, but he Ram is much more comfortable and much more functional. I'm paying less for it, the loan will end sooner, and I got a lot more vehicle out of the deal. Seemed like a no brainer to me.
As for you dilemma. I say keep the Limited or get option 3 and buy a Wagon.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Traded in my Ecodiesel Rubicon for a Limited today. Gladiator was just too small for me. Now I have about 6 months to decide if I want to keep this truck or get the TRX I ordered when it comes in
Nice truck. We're twins
d2675d432d3f6b30ad477bbe34383f15.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Kooch80

Reaction score
curious...what sort of highway mileage could you get on the Gladiator? And I'd keep the limited AND the TRX...
Wish I could keep both but not realistic for me. I got pretty good mileage with the gladiator. I drive a lot of highway miles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220703-083306_FillUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-083306_FillUp.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 55

Awood05

Reaction score
Traded in my Ecodiesel Rubicon for a Limited today. Gladiator was just too small for me. Now I have about 6 months to decide if I want to keep this truck or get the TRX I ordered when it comes in 😂
I went from a Limited to a TRX. It’ll be the easiest decision in the history of decisions. :)

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish I could keep both but not realistic for me. I got pretty good mileage with the gladiator. I drive a lot of highway miles.
That's pretty good mileage. I was only getting 20 ish mpg with my Wrangler and I thought I was doing great. Although I drive almost exclusively rural so not really city or freeway. I'm talking 2 lane roads that are typically 45-55 speed limits.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
You'll be hating that black on that dirt road you live on! But beautiful truck nonetheless. I would totally trade my RAM Limited for a TRX if I wasn't towing a TT and would be too worried about where and how I parked the $100K vehicle, lol. I did used to have a Trackhawk and damn that Hellcat was fun. It looks like you're up here in the PNW judging by the photos?

Kooch80

Reaction score
That's pretty good mileage. I was only getting 20 ish mpg with my Wrangler and I thought I was doing great. Although I drive almost exclusively rural so not really city or freeway. I'm talking 2 lane roads that are typically 45-55 speed limits.
I was pretty happy with the mileage the truck was just too small for me

Kooch80

Reaction score
You'll be hating that black on that dirt road you live on! But beautiful truck nonetheless. I would totally trade my RAM Limited for a TRX if I wasn't towing a TT and would be too worried about where and how I parked the $100K vehicle, lol. I did used to have a Trackhawk and damn that Hellcat was fun. It looks like you're up here in the PNW judging by the photos?
TRX has 200 more lbs towing capacity than this limited (3.21 rear end) so they both fit my needs.
I am indeed in the PNW, Western Washington

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I didn’t put 30k+ miles a year on my vehicles or rotated two vehicles, then I’d definitely own a TRX. Can’t go wrong with beauty and function.

wjcook68

Reaction score
I also traded in my 2021 Gladiator Rubicon gasser for my 2022 RAM Ecodiesel 4x4. I only got 18 mpg in the gladiator. I am not sure if it was the 4.10 gearing or what but I never got great mileage. I am 6 ft 5" and I am much happier in the RAM. I have lots of legroom. The gladiator was a cool truck but for a daily driver it got a little tight after a few months. I have nothing bad to say about it other than it was a tight fit.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I also traded in my 2021 Gladiator Rubicon gasser for my 2022 RAM Ecodiesel 4x4. I only got 18 mpg in the gladiator. I am not sure if it was the 4.10 gearing or what but I never got great mileage. I am 6 ft 5" and I am much happier in the RAM. I have lots of legroom. The gladiator was a cool truck but for a daily driver it got a little tight after a few months. I have nothing bad to say about it other than it was a tight fit.
I had the same feeling and I'm not a tall man. I was used to full size trucks and the gladiator was too cramped and the bed was too small. My gladiator was an Ecodiesel as well, that's why I got decent mileage

bucolic

Reaction score
Well, you really need them both. TRX for when you are feeling rowdy and the Ecodiesel for when you are feeling like relaxing on the couch.

I initially was going to get a TRX but after driving one it reminded me of all my rowdy friends who haven't settled down...a bit much to hang around with every day for this 59-year-old. Growling and snarling and just wanting to be stomped on until last call. Also, a bit too loud for an everyday driver for my taste.

Now for weekend fun absolutely!

I then drove an Ecodiesel and this thing rides and drives way nicer than the top-end Cadillac and has almost all the same amenities and can tow a trailer! Plus, 30-32 MPG on trips over 150 miles. I'd miss that in the 12-13MPG TRX.

So my recommendation is to keep them both. One for the weekend party and one for weekday business! :cool:

wjcook68

Reaction score
bucolic - I definitely agree about the Ecodiesel driving like a Cadillac. They are some comfortable seats.

Kooch80

Reaction score
Well, you really need them both. TRX for when you are feeling rowdy and the Ecodiesel for when you are feeling like relaxing on the couch.

I initially was going to get a TRX but after driving one it reminded me of all my rowdy friends who haven't settled down...a bit much to hang around with every day for this 59-year-old. Growling and snarling and just wanting to be stomped on until last call. Also, a bit too loud for an everyday driver for my taste.

Now for weekend fun absolutely!

I then drove an Ecodiesel and this thing rides and drives way nicer than the top-end Cadillac and has almost all the same amenities and can tow a trailer! Plus, 30-32 MPG on trips over 150 miles. I'd miss that in the 12-13MPG TRX.

So my recommendation is to keep them both. One for the weekend party and one for weekday business! :cool:
I broke down and bought a hybrid sonata for my daily driving needs so the idea of a fun truck that can still perform truck duties enticed me. Will see how I feel when the TRX eventually gets built😂

Users who are viewing this thread