5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traded 2020 rebel for 2025 rebel

redmyst

Reaction score
My 2020 rebel went past 100k miles, was running good, but getting long in the tooth. Had the shift to p issue and had hard shifting.. got 35k in trade for it and picked up a 25 rebel hydro blue..

The engine is smooth, in sport mode throws you back in hit seat when the turbos kick in and rides so smooth, got the air suspension on it. At 260 miles not much to gage yet but I am loving it.. rebel 1 package, air suspension, 33 gal tank.. bed liner is going on Friday from line-x and putting on power side steps..

20240612_195851.jpg

RAM 4times

Reaction score
My 2020 rebel went past 100k miles, was running good, but getting long in the tooth. Had the shift to p issue and had hard shifting.. got 35k in trade for it and picked up a 25 rebel hydro blue..

The engine is smooth, in sport mode throws you back in hit seat when the turbos kick in and rides so smooth, got the air suspension on it. At 260 miles not much to gage yet but I am loving it.. rebel 1 package, air suspension, 33 gal tank.. bed liner is going on Friday from line-x and putting on power side steps..

View attachment 184830
Congrats. It's always feels great when you upgrade to a new truck.
My turn will come sometime this year with my order.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats and nice truck! Feel free to post up some more pics and share that lovely blue (I had a Blue Flame F150 years ago).

Curious to hear your thoughts on the new motor, once you get some miles on it...

redmyst

Reaction score
So I love the new inline6, feels very smooth and strong.. I do plan on upgrading at some point when items come out. Considering the biggest difference between the SO and the HO is tune and 6 more boost, it will be very easy to upgrade.

I love the air suspension, will always add that option going forward..

I will post more pics soon, the hyrdo blus is a great color

MT755

Reaction score

View attachment 184830
More pics please

dammitbobby

Reaction score
So I love the new inline6, feels very smooth and strong.. I do plan on upgrading at some point when items come out. Considering the biggest difference between the SO and the HO is tune and 6 more boost, it will be very easy to upgrade.

I love the air suspension, will always add that option going forward..

I will post more pics soon, the hyrdo blus is a great color
Don’t wanna burst your bubble but there are 72 unique parts the HO has upgraded that the SO doesn’t have, it’s not just tuned differently they’re almost completely different engines. There are a couple YouTube videos out there that talk about it one I particularly liked was by a dodge tech discussing the differences between the two. Not saying the SO can’t be tuned to blow the HO out of the water because it most likely could.

Source: https://www.motortrend.com/features/jeep-ram-dodge-hurricane-inline-six-engine-deep-dive/photos/

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Looks nice. They are still really nice trucks. I'll just never buy one ever again. I don't buy trucks unless they have a V8. Next one for me might be an F150 with the Roush blower upgrade (dealer install) for 800hp and still have factory warranty.

redmyst

Reaction score
I needed to add side steps for the in-laws to get in and out.. I tried just lowering it all the way down with the air suspension.. just not low enough.. so got some ram side steps today

20240621_220814.jpg 20240621_220830.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread