5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade offers

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was contemplating getting out of my lease a year early given the high prices being had in the used market but have been dissapointed with dealer trade offers. For my 2019 Big Horn CC 4x4 with level2 in very good condition and 17,000 miles they are only offering 31,000 on trade. Curious if others are getting better offers? I might have to consider a private sale at those prices or just wait for better incentives after the 2022 is announced.

datammwv13

Reaction score
That seems like a good number seeing you can buy 2019 limited -
& Laramie for 39 to 41 around me. Plus consider the tax savings (trade value minus new truck value) on trade in versus whole new sales sax bill.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

BNeal

Reaction score
Getting out of a lease a year early is going to cost you a bundle! You will still have to satisfy the remaining payments on the lease, which may have something to do with a low trade offer, although, $31k doesn't sound all that low to me.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was able to trade my 2019 bighorn in around November of 2020 with 15k on it for 40k.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
KBB shows your truck would have a trade-in value at around 33k in my area. I checked KBB because that's what dealers here are currently using. I'd try to find out what dealers in your area are using and see what it lists your truck's value at. Then you'll have something to negotiate with to get a fair trade in-value.

Having never leased I don't know how all that works. But I'm also wondering how you would sell the truck yourself if you're currently leasing it. Or how you're negotiating trade-in value on a truck you're leasing.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That seems like a good number seeing you can buy 2019 limited -
& Laramie for 39 to 41 around me. Plus consider the tax savings (trade value minus new truck value) on trade in versus whole new sales sax bill.
wait how you gonna private sale your lease?
You buyout the lease early - my residual is $30,000 and my payoff is 4,000 so I can but the vehicle now for $34,000. If a dealer offered $34,000 on trade or I sold privately for 35,000 or higher I would even or have a small down payment. Carvana offered $34,398 so I assumed a dealer may match or beat that.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was able to trade my 2019 bighorn in around November of 2020 with 15k on it for 40k.
That is the kind of deal that got me thinking I would be able to get some equity. We sold a bunch of fleet trucks at work that were 5 years old with 50,000 - 75,000 miles on them and we were getting crazy gains on resale vs residuals.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Getting out of a lease a year early is going to cost you a bundle! You will still have to satisfy the remaining payments on the lease, which may have something to do with a low trade offer, although, $31k doesn't sound all that low to me.
No early buyout fee and no disposition fee so I can buy the truck from leasing company for residual plus remaining payments. I got a really aggressive lease on the truck so those two together are just under $34,000 and with folks talking about getting close to 40K for similar trucks on trade I would have 3-5k in trade value.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I was contemplating getting out of my lease a year early given the high prices being had in the used market but have been dissapointed with dealer trade offers. For my 2019 Big Horn CC 4x4 with level2 in very good condition and 17,000 miles they are only offering 31,000 on trade. Curious if others are getting better offers? I might have to consider a private sale at those prices or just wait for better incentives after the 2022 is announced.
Seems like a decent deal. I'd take it to Carmax and see what kind of money they will offer you, so you can have a gauge and compare.

saylor

Reaction score
here in DFW autonation gave me $20k for a 2015 ram crewcab 2wd 75k mi. they are offering me $27k on my 2016 f150 crew 2wd with 28k mi.

just for some comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread