5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade in on a custom order

S. Snake

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been seeing a few of the new Broncos on the street in my area and since they cannot be found in the online inventory system I was considering putting in a custom order for one. My current Rebel is my first brand new truck off the lot and I have no idea what the process to place a custom order with a trade in is like. Any insight on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
You place an order for the new vehicle. On it arriving, you trade in your current vehicle based on their offer or negotiated price. Your trade in doesn't really matter until the new vehicle is at the dealer.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless like me when I ordered my rebel and got offered too much money on my trade I dropped mine of 7 weeks before my new truck arrived. Just have to have a second car.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been seeing a few of the new Broncos on the street in my area and since they cannot be found in the online inventory system I was considering putting in a custom order for one. My current Rebel is my first brand new truck off the lot and I have no idea what the process to place a custom order with a trade in is like. Any insight on how to proceed would be appreciated.
find out if you can even order
some dealers might not permit you to order.

S. Snake

Reaction score
Thanks all, that answered my question. I think im just going to have to mosey into the Ferd dealer and see what they are talking about.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
You made an excellent point that I had not even considered. Bronco orders are closed by ford until at least August 15th.
years ago special ordering was a secret. you had to make an appointment with the fleet sales manager and if they were up to it they would special order whatever you wanted.
once the internet caught on some saw a new way to get vehicles sold some did not want to bother

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to a car show over the weekend and there was what look to be a based model with msrp $37 k with a crazy mark up of $30k
Hopefully you get lucky and end up on decent dealer

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck with the New Bronco. A good friend of mine ordered one almost a year ago now and it still hasn't shown up..

I've also heard of dealers adding markups once the ordered Bronco arrives, in the hopes you'll not take it. They can then sell it for even more.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford gives priority to sold orders. Which gets dealers better allocations. They also have less wiggle on the back end on a sold order so some dealers would rather make bank instead of numbers. Some dealers are positioning to volume dealers rather than greed dealerships.

S. Snake

Reaction score
Good luck with the New Bronco. A good friend of mine ordered one almost a year ago now and it still hasn't shown up..

I've also heard of dealers adding markups once the ordered Bronco arrives, in the hopes you'll not take it. They can then sell it for even more.
Thanks, hopefully not but since orders are taking a year or more to complete im betting on there being a lot more on the street by the time one I order arrives. Either way my heart isnt set on a super high tier model, I really only want the 35" package, hardtop, and the turbo v6.

Users who are viewing this thread