5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade 19 rebel for Laramie??

QuasarZ

Reaction score
I need some help. Basically thinking out loud here ha. I have a 19 black rebel I’m currently leasing for 465 a month with buyout of 33150 with 29 payments left. It was kind of a foolish deal as I was attracted to the looks but don’t really need the rebel. I’d like to buyout my next truck and keep it basically forever. I’m thinking long term the rebel isn’t ideal. I’d like leather, cooled seats, memory seats, auto 4wd, 33 gal gas, 9 speakers that rebel doesn’t have. I’d lose the adjustable tie down hooks, bed LED lights and etorque. I can get a black Laramie Sport for 41446, possibly 40,446. I’d have to pay 2500$ to get out of the lease. I could always add a small lift and tires and it would have the aggressive look I was attracted to. Am I crazy?

j517

Reaction score
I get the non eco crap it's a lease u going to have to return it or buy once lease is done.

Return losse a few dollars and get what u want. U work hard u have to play hard

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean you can wait out the lease. Does the buy out penalty get reduced as time goes on? Maybe you could go in and talk to the dealer and they might have some alternative for you since you would be buying rather than leasing. its worth the chat with them.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
How did you get such a great lease price? I was getting over 600/month AT BEST.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
It’s not a fee to get out of the lease. The dealer is buying my rebel for 42 possibly 43k. My payoff is 45,500. So that’s the 2500 difference. The dealer bought out my last big horn lease that I had equity in, so basically put 2k down.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
I could wait out the lease but that’s 29 wasted payments that could be going to something I’ll own.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to hook up with the other guy in this forum - he wants to swap his Laramie for a Rebel. Then you both get the trucks you want!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread