5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traction Control.

ThorJeep

Reaction score
So I had an issue with Traction control on my FJ and a add-in brake controller on washboard. When I turn on towing mode does the traction control take into account the trailer? Otherwise I will leave it off as braking on the TV and not the trailer can cause problems on loose dirt/gravel.

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Are you asking if the truck applies the trailer brake when traction control activates on the truck? If so, the answer is no. Traction control only applies the brake to drive wheels that are slipping. Therefore, it does not matter if you are in tow/haul mode.

ThorJeep

Reaction score
Are you asking if the truck applies the trailer brake when traction control activates on the truck? If so, the answer is no. Traction control only applies the brake to drive wheels that are slipping. Therefore, it does not matter if you are in tow/haul mode.
Thanks Brandon, what I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread