5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traction Control Issues after 3.5” RL Install

Devildog3032

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Ive searched the forum and posted to the Facebook group without any luck. Maybe I can find some help here.
After installing a 3.5” Readylift with 35” tires, my traction control is engaging when I corner hard at speeds above 30mph. I’ve had it aligned and was careful not to stretch the ABS and sensor wires while installing the lift. I hate to remove the lift but I feel this issue is a safety concern.

I don’t have air ride. Just a Laramie with the black appearance package. The plastics have been trimmed well beyond the clearance needed. The truck is still under warranty. Will Chrystler even diagnose the problem with the suspension lift on?
Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

Luisb

Reaction score
My experience is from another car, but may still relate to you.

mine was a speed sensor that I had damaged when I removed when dropping the transmission to the wrx. To drop the transmission, I had to remove the wheels. When I reinstalled the wheels, I accidentally scratched the face of the sensor which sits very close to the splines of the axles at the wheel. The speed and rpm all worked fine, but ABS line would not turn off. Try inspecting your wire and wire sensor to see if they are damaged. In my case, it was a light scratch to the sensor face that caused my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread