5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traction control come on when cornering?

Choate

Reaction score
I’ve got 35” tires and 22x10 wheels and I’ve noticed that when I’m going around a sharper curve that my traction control kicks in. It’s not even close to losing traction but it is when cornering harder that “normal”. Obviously I could just turn the traction control off but does anybody else experience this? No other issues. Just kinda annoying and surprising when it does it bc it basically brakes for you too. I should add it does this when coming to a stop around this curve by my house so my foot is off the gas completely and I’m about to brake anyway but then the traction control starts flashing. I’m just wondering if the lift kit along w the heavy and bigger wheels and tires are causing something to happen that normally would not in a stock or close to stock truck

Last edited:

cerbo

Reaction score
some generic information ,

1. Sensor Malfunctions: Traction control relies on your various sensors, including your wheel speed sensors, to function correctly. If these sensors provide you inaccurate readings due to your malfunction, dirt, or damage, your system may engage unnecessarily.
  2. Braking System Issues: Problems with your braking system, such as your worn brake pads or low brake fluid levels, can inadvertently trigger your traction control system.
  3. System Faults: In some cases, there might be your fault within your traction control system itself, such as your software glitches or electrical issues.
If your traction control light frequently illuminates or your system often engages without your clear reason, it is advisable to have your vehicle checked by your professional.

Maybe check if any codes .

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve got 35” tires and 22x10 wheels and I’ve noticed that when I’m going around a sharper curve that my traction control kicks in. It’s not even close to losing traction but it is when cornering harder that “normal”. Obviously I could just turn the traction control off but does anybody else experience this? No other issues. Just kinda annoying and surprising when it does it bc it basically brakes for you too. I should add it does this when coming to a stop around this curve by my house so my foot is off the gas completely and I’m about to brake anyway but then the traction control starts flashing. I’m just wondering if the lift kit along w the heavy and bigger wheels and tires are causing something to happen that normally would not in a stock or close to stock truck
Did you fix the speedometer after swapping to bigger tires? Not sure if that would cause it. I've never had that issue.

Choate

Reaction score
Yeah I have a jscan tool. There is a grove in the road there. Maybe that is doing something? I need to try it a parking lot or something

Nukldragger

Reaction score
Mine does that too....I'll have the dealer look into it when I take it in for the backlight leak and steering TSB.

Users who are viewing this thread