5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traction and ECS control

Vewdew22

Reaction score
How can you disable ecs on the 5th gen?
I’m able to turn off traction but can’t find a sequence to off ecs as well. Unless it’s in 4 low it doesn’t turn off. How am I supposed to roast these tires?!!!!

Jennitran

Reaction score
I’m able to turn off traction but can’t find a sequence to off ecs as well. Unless it’s in 4 low it doesn’t turn off. How am I supposed to roast these tires?!!!! Visit Autoguysland site to view more issue of traction control and abs light that you may concern.

Automatic brakes will not be available if ESC is not available. Therefore, i think you will disable Automatic brake by Customer Programmable Features section of the Uconnect System, it will be disable ECS too.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Page 189 of the manual

Full Off — If Equipped
This mode is intended for off-highway or off-road use only
and should not be used on any public roadways. In this
mode, TCS and ESC features are turned OFF. To enter the
“Full Off” mode, push and hold the “ESC Off” switch for five
seconds while the vehicle is stopped with the engine
running. After five seconds, a chime will sound, the “ESC Off
Indicator Light” will illuminate, and the “ESC OFF” message
will display in the instrument cluster. To turn ESC ON again,
momentarily push the “ESC Off” switch.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe that only in 4x4 can you disable all traction and stability control. Tazer is the best/easy way to disable features of the 5th Gen.

Richard320

Reaction score
I believe that only in 4x4 can you disable all traction and stability control. Tazer is the best/easy way to disable features of the 5th Gen.
OP has a 4X4, otherwise he wouldn't know it goes off in Low Range. So in his case, the easiest way is to hold down a button for five seconds. It doesn't cost a thing and if it doesn't work, he's only out five seconds of his life.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP has a 4X4, otherwise he wouldn't know it goes off in Low Range. So in his case, the easiest way is to hold down a button for five seconds. It doesn't cost a thing and if it doesn't work, he's only out five seconds of his life.
Correct, but he wants to do a burnout, not possible in 4x4. You can actually do a brakestand with just traction control off, as long as you keep the truck straight... otherwise stability control kicks in. That's without the Tazer... with the Tazer you can enter a drift competition if you so desired!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can turn the Traction Control off in 2wd, and do all the burnouts you want. However, you cannot turn off the Vehicle Stability Control unless you are in one of the 4wd modes, (4A, 4H, or 4L). If you want to blow donuts in a 2019 Ram, pull the ABS fuse and have fun.

Richard320

Reaction score
Correct, but he wants to do a burnout, not possible in 4x4. You can actually do a brakestand with just traction control off, as long as you keep the truck straight... otherwise stability control kicks in. That's without the Tazer... with the Tazer you can enter a drift competition if you so desired!
I took my truck out at lunch and you are correct, sir. Pretty lame that we can't turn it off in 2WD. What part of "Off" do they not understand?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I think they were worried about liability rather than burnouts. A switch could probably be rigged inline with the fuse.

Natearagon

Reaction score
I’m able to turn off traction but can’t find a sequence to off ecs as well. Unless it’s in 4 low it doesn’t turn off. How am I supposed to roast these tires?!!!!
hold down traction control and tow/haul at the same time for roughly 5 seconds until the pictures are gone from the dash screen.

Users who are viewing this thread