5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tracking

quickjoey

Reaction score
I purchased a 2022 Laramie with the 12” screen about a month ago. I have received a couple emails telling me how many miles are on the truck and my tire pressure. How can I turn off or disable the ability for them to track my vehicle information over the air?

I think these trucks also have something similar to a black box in an airplane that law enforcement can use to see your speed, location, time and date, throttle position, and brake pedal pressure at the time of an accident.

I’m not trying to hide anything but I believe it’s fair for Ram to be transparent on what data they are collecting from me every time I drive my vehicle.
Thoughts?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I purchased a 2022 Laramie with the 12” screen about a month ago. I have received a couple emails telling me how many miles are on the truck and my tire pressure. How can I turn off or disable the ability for them to track my vehicle information over the air?

I think these trucks also have something similar to a black box in an airplane that law enforcement can use to see your speed, location, time and date, throttle position, and brake pedal pressure at the time of an accident.

I’m not trying to hide anything but I believe it’s fair for Ram to be transparent on what data they are collecting from me every time I drive my vehicle.
Thoughts?
the service is free for a few months, when it is time to pay you will stop getting the emails if you do not renew

you can download the app and look at the same info

otherwise no one has posted how to shut it off

quickjoey

Reaction score
the service is free for a few months, when it is time to pay you will stop getting the emails if you do not renew

you can download the app and look at the same info

otherwise no one has posted how to shut it off
I’m skeptical that Ram is still receiving and tracking my truck information even after the service has expired.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, no info on shutting transmission of vehicle data off?

Dewey

Reaction score
They will see how often I hit the 106 mph limit. Gotta stretch the Hemi from time to time to clear the carbon out. 😆

HemiDude

Reaction score
I just wonder how long it takes for them to start denying warranty claims due to this transmitted data:

"We're sorry Mr. Smith, but we will not cover your suspension repairs, as the health report indicates your tires were not inflated to the recommended pressures"

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I just wonder how long it takes for them to start denying warranty claims due to this transmitted data:

"We're sorry Mr. Smith, but we will not cover your suspension repairs, as the health report indicates your tires were not inflated to the recommended pressures"
I wonder if it keeps history or a snapshot of current issues

HemiDude

Reaction score
Good question. That would be a lot of data to be saved somewhere, but if it enabled a company to substantially cut its warranty claims/costs, conceivably they might be able to justify it?

Users who are viewing this thread