5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Track Bar Adjustments

BReiter

Reaction score
Good day everyone, I am looking to see if anyone else has the same issues as me. Starting from the beginning, I have a 2020 Ram 2500 Limited with the rear air suspension. I first noticed that the truck was leaning to the PASSENGER side when it had about 500km on the odometer. It was drastic, just over 1" front and rear lean towards the passenger side, worse in the front. Having had this issue before when the Dodge dealership did a steering gear replacement on my 2017 3500, I noticed that they messed up the alignment as the Casterbolts were almost 180° from eachother. On this new truck they weren't 180° but they were not mirrored. After them failing to correct the alignment, and me fixing the alignment with another shop to the Thuren specs of <0.05° total toe and 3.9° driver, 4.3° passenger caster the truck is now driving straight with the thrust angle of -0.01°, however the lean still remains but it is about half as bad as it was when Dodge left me with 0.15° total toe, 5.3° and 5.0° caster with a thrust of -0.23°. Now I have noticed that my wheels sit way further inside the passenger fenders than the driver side, I would have to measure but I'm guessing with my eyeballs that it is close to an inch if not more. Obviously this is going to cause weight balance and spring bowing issues particularly in the front end, where most of this chassis lean is noticed. Has anyone had these issues corrected? Is there any adjustment in the factory track bars? The truck is 100% dead stock mechanically but it has a very bad lean and I'm certain this is due to the track bar lengths, the axles are off center so much that its like the truck is lifted 6" and it's all pulled to one side.

BReiter

Reaction score
S.O.B I'm pretty sure I put this in the wrong forum.....

Users who are viewing this thread