5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Track Armor - To Use or Not To Use?

scubes13

Reaction score
So, I am on the fence about PPF because I am one of those "research before doing" folks. Not sure if I should have the dealer do it in Maryland or have it done back home... Maryland is a long way to go for repairing any issue I find after the fact....

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I am on the fence about PPF because I am one of those "research before doing" folks. Not sure if I should have the dealer do it in Maryland or have it done back home... Maryland is a long way to go for repairing any issue I find after the fact....
If I had to do it over again I would get Mark Dodge to do it. But at the time I didn't have any prior experience with them.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You asked for opinions on an open forum on the internet. Don't be butt hurt when not everyone agrees with you. Someone might tell you the truth. It's ok.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You asked for opinions on an open forum on the internet. Don't be butt hurt when not everyone agrees with you. Someone might tell you the truth. It's ok.
I didn't ask for any opinions, and certainly didn't ask you yours! I was simply responding and relaying my experiences. You were the one that jumped in criticizing what others were doing! You can do what you want and I'll never criticize you or anyone else! Especially on this forum that I believe exist to help other RAM owners. To each his own.

billy_chode

Reaction score
dawgs...it's a truck. this sounds like the threads on the BMW forums. what happens when you get a nice nick or marring in that ppf and have to see it every day? save your money and get a touch up stick. i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but come on...park in the boondocks, don't drive too close behind another vehicle to avoid kick-ups, and live life. the paint on these trucks are pretty durable...coming from BMWs, that paint is super nice, but chips if you fart on it.

schmidtp43

Reaction score
I have driven a few cars home long distance and just used blue painters tape. Now I wouldn't bother since driving around the city new chips pop up all the time. I do mild paint correction each year on my vehicles but haven't ever owned one rare/expensive enough for PPF. If it makes you happier in the end to protect it with track armor I say go for it, people use it all the time with good results.
Also, BMW paint isn't that great. The orange peel can be brutal.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I generally don't spend money on PPF anymore. It's just not worth the time and/or the cost to me. If you drive your vehicle you're going to get rock chips, PPF or not.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I didn't ask for any opinions, and certainly didn't ask you yours! I was simply responding and relaying my experiences. You were the one that jumped in criticizing what others were doing! You can do what you want and I'll never criticize you or anyone else! Especially on this forum that I believe exist to help other RAM owners. To each his own.
Hahaha! Tough, you got it want it or not. It does help other RAM owners to realize they just bought another production vehicle and not a 00001 VIN Shelby. If you take reality as criticism well welcome to the world my friend.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
dawgs...it's a truck. this sounds like the threads on the BMW forums. what happens when you get a nice nick or marring in that ppf and have to see it every day? save your money and get a touch up stick. i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but come on...park in the boondocks, don't drive too close behind another vehicle to avoid kick-ups, and live life. the paint on these trucks are pretty durable...coming from BMWs, that paint is super nice, but chips if you fart on it.
Yep it's a truck and I'll drive and use it as intended. I really don't understand why some folks want to criticize someone wanting to take care of their stuff. And as noted earlier I had PPF on a car and never got a nick or marring, maybe I was just lucky, but it will be put on any vehicle I ever buy over 50K.

Live and let live.... ya'll do as you wish with your trucks and I'll do the same with mine!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hahaha! Tough, you got it want it or not. It does help other RAM owners to realize they just bought another production vehicle and not a 00001 VIN Shelby. If you take reality as criticism well welcome to the world my friend.
Sir, this discussion has gone way off the rails and in the spirit of civility, I would offer to agree to disagree and move on and enjoy out RAMs.

Users who are viewing this thread