5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tpms unavailable

Mikejones11

Reaction score
Had my wheels on over two weeks with no issues. Driving home today I get TPMS temporarily unavailable. Any ideas?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you receive any other messages, or lose any other connectivity? Have a dead battery by chance?

Mikejones11

Reaction score
No other issues. I got back in the truck a few hours later and they were back on

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
My sensors from Discount Tire are not working either. I wasted Saturday having them reset, drive around, reset again, drive again, repeat.

I tried disconnecting the battery today to do a hard reset. No dice.

They are 1.5 hours away. They will need to just order new sensors and put them in another weekend.

DomW

Reaction score
I found this on Google. Try at your own risk, I am not liable for misinformation on Google. Good luck. YMMV.

"Auto relearn procedure, years 2008-2020 (including RAM 1500 DS/DT/DX):
Confirm TPMS sensors are properly installed
Adjust tire pressure to placard value
Hold TPMS tester on left front tire sidewall next to the valve stem, use TPMS tool to activate the sensor
Repeat for the right front, right rear and left rear sensors
Drive vehicle for up to 20 minutes above 15 mph or until TPMS light is off"

or

"Resetting the 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 tire pressure sensor is an easy task, which only takes about 4 to 5 minutes. The first thing You need to do is go to the driver's side of Your car, and get inside. Turn Your ignition to the on position. Be careful not to actually start the engine. Next, locate the tpms button, and hold it down. The light will flash a total of three times. Let go of the reset button, and crank the ignition. You should now let Your engine run for 20 to 30 minutes on its own. The sensor will reset during this time."

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I found this on Google. Try at your own risk, I am not liable for misinformation on Google. Good luck. YMMV.

"Auto relearn procedure, years 2008-2020 (including RAM 1500 DS/DT/DX):
Confirm TPMS sensors are properly installed
Adjust tire pressure to placard value
Hold TPMS tester on left front tire sidewall next to the valve stem, use TPMS tool to activate the sensor
Repeat for the right front, right rear and left rear sensors
Drive vehicle for up to 20 minutes above 15 mph or until TPMS light is off"

or

"Resetting the 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 tire pressure sensor is an easy task, which only takes about 4 to 5 minutes. The first thing You need to do is go to the driver's side of Your car, and get inside. Turn Your ignition to the on position. Be careful not to actually start the engine. Next, locate the tpms button, and hold it down. The light will flash a total of three times. Let go of the reset button, and crank the ignition. You should now let Your engine run for 20 to 30 minutes on its own. The sensor will reset during this time."
Uh huh. Discount Tire tried the tester route. I certainly don't have one nor know anyone that does.

If I could get a picture of the magic tpms reset button I would try pressing it. I have yet to see this in my 2021.

Chuck19

Reaction score
All 4 of my OEM sensors went out after I switched to aftermarket wheels yesterday. No reason why but I have to go back to the shop. He said I may have to go to the dealer to wake them up.

Mikejones11

Reaction score
Can any one tell me the stock settings in alpha obd for the tpms. I tried to disable mine do to a sensor. Now I can read all sensors and have a tire light and no warnings.

Jaxman78

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out this issue? I have a 2019 rebel and it’s been doing it for about a year. I have just been ignoring it. However, I am about to get new tires and would like to have this issue resolved. I may just order new sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread