5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS & Tire Rotations

ewag

Reaction score
Anyone know if '19 RAM TPMS will automatically "relocate" the readings on the display after the tires are rotated. I looked this morning in the 692 page PDF user manual searching for anything related to TPMS and tire rotation and didn't see anything describing a process to reset the locations after a rotation. Getting tires rotated now, not sure what to expect. Not a biggie, would just be nice to know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

lanpowers

Reaction score
I want to get matching wheel and add TPMS to use as spare. Has anyone done this? Will this mess up TPMS reading for the other four tires? I would like to do 5 tire rotations. Will that be a problem?

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want to get matching wheel and add TPMS to use as spare. Has anyone done this? Will this mess up TPMS reading for the other four tires? I would like to do 5 tire rotations. Will that be a problem?

The TPMS part needs to be FCA OEM; if you get OEM it shouldn't be a problem.

The sensors go to sleep when parked and only wake up again when it detects rotational force. If you notice, the TPMS system takes about a tenth of a mile of driving before updating the readings. The spare sitting in your truck with no rotation will never wake up.

lanpowers

Reaction score
I am getting Mopar part 68293199AA. I believe that is the correct part number for 2019 Ram 1500?

Users who are viewing this thread