5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS Sync Help

JayRam19

Reaction score
I recently put on my buddies ‘19 Rebel rims/tires and now facing tpms alarms. Will they eventually sync up or do I need to have them programmed back to the cpu?

Thanks guys! ABDBE3BB-8374-44E5-B84E-0D235BDA4C70.jpeg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I’ve switched wheels, by the time I got home (15) miles it had synced up to my truck. In the instances where that has not happened from what I’ve hear is folks go to the dealership for that.

JayRam19

Reaction score
I have driven more than 15 miles for sure and multiple start/stops. Going in Thursday for the ground cable recall so maybe they will hook me up and program them at the same time. Be nice if the don’t charge me...:cautious:

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Are you sure they have the sensors?

I put the Rebel wheels on my big horn and I had no issues, it automatically detected them I only had to drive out the driveway and the light went away

PorBoy

Reaction score
I was assuming that he was assured they were fully intact when he swapped with the other guy. I should not have assumed as much.

HotStuff

Reaction score
Sounds like they don't have sensors in them. They should sync within a few miles.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m wondering how this exchange was done, meaning did they both have their trucks there.

JayRam19

Reaction score
They have the sensors as my buddy confirmed. His truck was 1hr away from mine st the time of swap. Funny thing is my ‘16 big horn synced up to my aftermarket rims at the time. If they automatically sync up what would stop the truck from syncing to a vehicle next to you with h the same frequency tpms? This makes me think they have started to encrypt the communication as more vehicles now have tpms. Thoughts?

HotStuff

Reaction score
Try unhooking the battery for a while. Just so everything resets. Then hook it up and go for a drive.

smiles5619

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone would know if the 2013 Ram sensors would work with with 2019. I have another set of tires and rims, with the sensors from my old truck in them

JayRam19

Reaction score
So.....in a series of miscommunications, it turns out there are no sensors in these rims. my buddy that loaned them to me informed me that his rim guy removed the sensors and put them in his new wheels. Um.. case closed lol

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
My newly installed rims sensors won’t get it together. They were installed last Saturday. They immediately synced my installer said but then went out of sync when I drove back home an hour with my old rims, tires and tpms in the bed of the truck(understandably). Now I’ve been riding since Sunday without them in my bed and all but the passenger side front has synced now. Oddly enough it was the rear two not synced at first and then once the passenger rear came up the passenger front went away...

Users who are viewing this thread