5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tpms sensor frequency question

kilogRAM

Reaction score
A few months ago I purchased some rebel wheels and tires of FB market. I assumed the didn't have tpms sensors as 5k miles later they still never relearned themselves. Every now and then though a random tire will show up with its psi on the cluster, does not last long, maybe 10 min and it's gone again. Is it possible they tpms sensor and it's just the wrong frequency and needs to be relearned?

I think they all have the same frequency, and should relearn within 10 miles or so of driving. Could be they are faulty or simply need new batteries as random updates is a symptom of old batteries.

TPMS batteries typically last about 5-7 years.

I think they all have the same frequency, and should relearn within 10 miles or so of driving. Could be they are faulty or simply need new batteries as random updates is a symptom of old batteries.

TPMS batteries typically last about 5-7 years.
Ok thanks. Doubt the batteries all went bad at the same time so based of that they might not even have them

Ok thanks. Doubt the batteries all went bad at the same time so based of that they might not even have them

Makes sense, though you would be surprised, I've had batteries go out on some vehicles nearly the same time, usually it's a pair nearly the same time, then another pair a month later. 4 does seem like a stretch, unless these tires have been sitting for a while and went out before you got them?

If they came off a 2019 early build that could be nearly 7 years. But most takeoffs they remove the TPMS sensors and install them on their new sets. Luckily replacements are relatively cheap.

I was planning on trading mine and figured no tpms sensor light on the dash would look better. If the sensors are cheap enough though,I might just buy some and have a shop put them in

I was planning on trading mine and figured no tpms sensor light on the dash would look better. If the sensors are cheap enough though,I might just buy some and have a shop put them in

Definitely would help, would alleviate the fear of someone buying your vehicle, wondering if the light is on just because of sensors or another issue. OEM sensors can be bought on Ebay for $40 a set as an example: (4) BRAND NEW OEM MOPAR # 68293199AA-AB DODGE RAM 1500 DT 2019-22 TPMS SENSORS | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back