5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS problem

gtarzan

Reaction score
I had a one year old BFG KO2 with 8000 miles on it explode on me driving. The tread block and belts came loose from the sidewall at highway speeds. No idea why. The tread block hit the right rear fender liner a s pushed it into my rear springs. I did a visual inspection of the lines and wire coming from the axle and can’t see anything obviously wrong. Bought a new wheel and DT replaced the tire on the certificate that was purchased when I bought the wheels and tires. Since the new wheel has been put on there is no tire pressure reading on the dash cluster for the right rear. When we scanned the TPMS at the wheel, it was reading on the handheld scanner at Discount Tire. Still won’t register on the dash.

Is there an individual receiver on the frame or near the wheel that picks up the TOMS sensor signal and transmits it to the ECU?

I have done a reset procedure, driven the 10 miles+ and disconnected the battery etc. no resolution. Any other ideas?

My next plan was to replace all four of the TOMS sensors and see if that fixes it. I still currently have all four OEM sensors mounted.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a one year old BFG KO2 with 8000 miles on it explode on me driving. The tread block and belts came loose from the sidewall at highway speeds. No idea why. The tread block hit the right rear fender liner a s pushed it into my rear springs. I did a visual inspection of the lines and wire coming from the axle and can’t see anything obviously wrong. Bought a new wheel and DT replaced the tire on the certificate that was purchased when I bought the wheels and tires. Since the new wheel has been put on there is no tire pressure reading on the dash cluster for the right rear. When we scanned the TPMS at the wheel, it was reading on the handheld scanner at Discount Tire. Still won’t register on the dash.

Is there an individual receiver on the frame or near the wheel that picks up the TOMS sensor signal and transmits it to the ECU?

I have done a reset procedure, driven the 10 miles+ and disconnected the battery etc. no resolution. Any other ideas?

My next plan was to replace all four of the TOMS sensors and see if that fixes it. I still currently have all four OEM sensors mounted.
No individual receiver.

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 20-43-14 Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) - Description and Operation (...png

Users who are viewing this thread