5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS Problem after tire replacement

JimD007

Reaction score
I got a screw in my front right side tire. Discount Tire tried a patch but it still leaked so I bought a new tire. Same tire as stock. After installation of the new tire I had a trip that was over 1000 miles each way. The light went out but did not stay out. So I went back to Discount Tire and they replaced the TPMS sensor in that wheel. I just got back from a shorter, 575 mile, trip. Same problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Never an issue reading the other three tires, only the new one.

I did a search and saw others have had this issue but did not see where anybody got it fixed. Any successes? I have a chassis code reader for my other vehicle, I wonder if one for the Ram might help with this.

alanh2c6

Reaction score
I just purchased 4 wheel and tires with TPMS from Carid. Truck dose not read the TPMS and I took to the dealership and they said they are not transmitting. Now have to order new TPMS.

alanh2c6

Reaction score
Waiting response from Carid on refund as I had to upload a document from shop as they did not believe me

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Waiting response from Carid on refund as I had to upload a document from shop as they did not believe me
My experience with carid is (n):poop:, not responsive to my email and sold previous model year's accessory.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got a screw in my front right side tire. Discount Tire tried a patch but it still leaked so I bought a new tire. Same tire as stock. After installation of the new tire I had a trip that was over 1000 miles each way. The light went out but did not stay out. So I went back to Discount Tire and they replaced the TPMS sensor in that wheel. I just got back from a shorter, 575 mile, trip. Same problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Never an issue reading the other three tires, only the new one.

I did a search and saw others have had this issue but did not see where anybody got it fixed. Any successes? I have a chassis code reader for my other vehicle, I wonder if one for the Ram might help with this.
Make sure the shop uses a mopar brand tpms. A lot of places use cheaper knock offs which are not fully compatible.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My experience with carid is (n):poop:, not responsive to my email and sold previous model year's accessory.
My complaint with CarID is that they sell stuff they don't have, then try to push out the promised delivery date. :( May be technically legal, and I did eventually get a refund, but I don't think I'll deal with them again.

BRINK WHEELS

Precision Engineered Flow Formed Wheels
Reaction score
We have done several of these trucks with After Market TPMS.

The Ram although does not require OBD2 connection to trigger new sensors, they still need to be "woken up" when installed on the truck.

1. Ensure tires are inflated to the pressure indicated on the tire placard.
2. Turn ignition to ON position (engine OFF) and unroll the driver’s side window.
3. The vehicle must sit for 20 minutes with the ignition ON. Turn off the climate control and audio/navigation system to limit battery drain.
4. During or after those 20 minutes, wake up each sensor by scanning them using an updated scan tool. Using an Ateq tool, use the “Service TPMS” menu, not “Check”.
5. Drive the vehicle for at least 15 minutes above 30mph in order for the system to learn new sensor IDs.

Users who are viewing this thread