5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS not installed

Mudstone

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone comment that if you don't have the TPMS sensors installed (say winter tires), will the 2020 RAM 1500 throw a fault all winter long (7 months here in Ontario)?

thanks!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep as mentioned above you'll get the error message about no sensor reading in your center screen of the gauge cluster.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone comment that if you don't have the TPMS sensors installed (say winter tires), will the 2020 RAM 1500 throw a fault all winter long (7 months here in Ontario)?

thanks!
They aren't that expensive, you might just want to consider getting them for your winter tires. At the very least, since you use winter tires for more of the year than summer tires, you should use the sensors in your winter wheels if you have to choose between the two.

Mudstone

Reaction score
They aren't that expensive, you might just want to consider getting them for your winter tires. At the very least, since you use winter tires for more of the year than summer tires, you should use the sensors in your winter wheels if you have to choose between the two.
OK, thanks.
Odd situation but I purchased winter tires and rims in the summer when we bought the truck.
I have yet to see them, what brand they are or if they have the sensors. I've inquired but to no avail.
Just want to make sure prior to booking the service so if they aren't installed, I can get them put in....

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK, thanks.
Odd situation but I purchased winter tires and rims in the summer when we bought the truck.
I have yet to see them, what brand they are or if they have the sensors. I've inquired but to no avail.
Just want to make sure prior to booking the service so if they aren't installed, I can get them put in....
Laws vary from state to state, and I have no idea where you live. But if I buy tires and wheels from a retail shop, they have to have sensors or they can't install them on the vehicle. Of course there are ways around that too LOL.

nburd

Reaction score
I paid less than $30 for all 4 OEM sensors From EBay. Some seller in MI. They are OEM take offs and not Chinese fake ones.

Bigroge

Reaction score

thanks!
Hello, new to the forum also in Ontario. NO your light will come on one time after about 10km. Then it goes out never to return for the season. Once it registered your summers again all is back until next winter and repeat. I have the 19 1500 sport new Gen

Mudstone

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum also in Ontario. NO your light will come on one time after about 10km. Then it goes out never to return for the season. Once it registered your summers again all is back until next winter and repeat. I have the 19 1500 sport new Gen
OK, thanks, good to know. I still don't have the winter tires on yet but hope to have the sensors installed. I had a Honda Ridgeline before and the error was there all Winter!

Users who are viewing this thread